We are proud to have obtained the green key environmental/sustainability mark, with which we are co-creating the green story of sustainable tourism.
Green key is the leading standard of excellence in the field of environmental responsibility and sustainable operation in the tourism industry. This prestigious sustainability mark signifies our company’s commitment to comply with the strict criteria set by the International Foundation for Environmental Education FEE (Foundation for Environmental Education) in the plant.
The Green Key sustainable sign allows all guests to directly contribute to the protection of the environment by choosing our certified tourist establishment.
Factories -bearers of this sign maintain high environmental standards, which we prove with the help of strict documentation and frequent inspections. The Green Key program places great emphasis on informing and involving visitors in sustainable and more environmentally friendly measures that we implement in our facilities. It ensures that plant staff are well informed and properly trained in environmentally friendly and sustainable practices, raising awareness and changing attitudes towards the environment.
The goal of the Green Key is to increase the use of environmentally friendly and sustainable ways of doing business and consequently reduce the sharing of resources, raise awarenessand change the behavior patterns of all stakeholders in our plant.
By obtaining the Green Key sign, HOTEL PIRAN also fulfilled the conditions for obtaining the Slovenia Green Accommodation sign and thereby obtained a ticket for inclusion in the Green Scheme of Slovenian tourism.
What Can You Do To Help?
- You use alternative forms of transport such as public transport or cycling.You can get more information about bicycle rental options and public transport schedules at the hotel reception or at the Piran Tourist Information Center.
- Nature is a priceless commodity. The need for its preservation and preservation of natural resources is nowadays the basis for the creation and development of a sustainable society.
- Follow the following links to learn more about the possibilities of visiting protected nature areas:
- Sečovlje Salina Nature Park: www.kpss.si-Landscape
- Park Strunjan: www.parkstrunjan.si
- for the curious: Institute of the Republic of Slovenia for Nature Protection: https://zrsvn-varstvonarave.si/
- Portorož Tourist Board: www.portoroz.si
- Meet the dolphins of our sea : https://www.morigenos.org/
Your actions matter!
- Save water when showering, shaving and brushing your teeth. Pay attention to the possible draining of water from taps, showers or toilets. Our tap water is safe to drink.
Save energy by using warm or hot water as little as possible, turn off the lights, close the shutters when leaving, and thus ensure a lower air temperature in the room and less use of air conditioners.
- Separate waste. Or even better, you create as few as possible. Use a reusable bottle, order food only as much as you will eat or ask for it to be wrapped for you, avoid using single-use products.
- Eat and shop locally to help reduce your carbon footprint.
THE POWER OF NATURE IS THE BIGGEST